1. Don’t die. (Good job on this one last year!)
2. Postpone dying: keep running, keep eating well, keep avoiding cigarettes, expand my home yoga practice. I’d like to go to bed consistently early, and wake up earlier, too.
3. Give myself more creative space: blog more, write more, create more. Take 365 photos, again: that’s fun.
4. Knit at least 11 things. Post them on the 11 Things in 2011 thread in the LSG Ravelry forum. If I’m feeling ambitious, design about 5 of those things, but if the right patterns arise it’s okay to use those, too; it’s about making things, however that occurs.
5. Take time to really get in depth with the things I’m studying lately- brushing up my Hindi, teacher training, Buddhist philosphy, this weird Dickens thing I’m going through right now, all of it.
Yep. That’s pretty much it. No sweeping plans for change, no grand plans for a full- life overhaul. I like my life. I could do better- the sleep business really needs improvement lately- but overall, it’s a damned good place to be, and I don’t want to rebuild it from scratch.
I’m setting intentions instead of resolutions: the intention to give myself room to expand. At thesuggestion of a friend, I’m choosing this word for this year and using that to set my intention for 2011.
I have plans for this year- a new studio, meditation, finishing my training to teach yoga, an Advent calendar made of tiny knit mittens, learning to paint, dedicated space for my home practice, meeting more people. All of these are based around the idea of joyful expansion into the life we have created for ourselves, a natural growth of the “be here now” mindset- not just to be, but to fully, enjoyably be in and of this life.