You don’t need this on Flickr, I don’t think: it’s deliciously simple.
Things are stressful. Not bad, but stressful: so much going on, lots of moving pieces and things that need doing. Some of the things on my mind right now:
- SG Fall 2010 color release
- SG Fall 2010 pattern releases
- SG Winter 2010 colors (need 4 more colors, STAT!)
- SG Winter pattern release (seriously, we’re already sending yarn)
- Philly half- marathon in November (so soon!)
- Stitches East in late October
- two family visits next month
- my brother-in-law moving in for a bit
- making a room for my brother-in-law to move INTO
- rearranging my kitchen and fiber room to create space
- my brother; he’s still in Afghanistan and it’s been bad lately
- being a good friend/ mom/ wife/ business partner/ boss/ artist
- my aunt moving from the UK to the US tomorrow
- finishing a pattern FOR A BOOK!
- starting yoga teacher training this weekend!
You’ll notice that most of those things are GOOD things- some of them downright wonderful. My aunt is going to be within driving distance again! My sisters will be visiting with their partners! My brother-in-law is coming, and really, once I’ve sussed out the room that’s pretty lovely, too- I like a full house. Sussing out that room means I get to clear out more stuff and I love clearing out stuff. Getting rid of things is pretty much my favorite thing ever. New colors to work in, and a published pattern- how lucky can one girl get?
There are some not so lovely things in there, too, but they are the minority, and all of those not- so- lovely things are mostly out of my control: they’ll be what they will be. Dirt is forever. My brother is safe or he isn’t. I do what I can for my health but my disease is capricious.
This evening, I was worried half to death over all of these things that needed managing and doing and listing and caring for and all of a sudden it hit me: it isn’t that important.
Almost everything I’m worrying over today will be forgotten or unimportant five years from now.
It’s very liberating- like suddenly coming up for air. Getting all caught up in it and by it is just… silly. Just like that, I’m not overwhelmed anymore; I’m carefully working through the most pressing things, one by one, as they come.
So that’s what I’m grateful for: that’s the entirety of my 26th list of Very Good Things, because it’s such an enormous and enormously lovely Very Good Thing that it deserves its own list. Oh- and of course, my most recent addition to my religious tract collection: a one million dollar bill.
Also, have some puppy. How could I be stressed out with this little guy following me around?