hello, summer

Oh, this week. I am already very, very over it.

The long and short of it: Hugo went to our usual vet on Monday, where they filled him with chicken baby food to keep him from biting while they worked on his leg. That’s all well and good, except that he has spent the last 24+ hours getting rid of that baby food. A lot. While in a cast. It gets frantic, trying to cover that cast before he has to get outside. It takes speed and dexterity that I don’t usually have. Oh, and energy. We are averaging between 2- 4 hours of sleep a night this week.

You can see why this is awesome, right? Oh, that’s right, you can’t. That would probably be BECAUSE IT IS NOT AWESOME AT ALL.

And hey, did I mention it’s hot? It is. It is so mind- meltingly, horrifyingly, wretchedly hot. Heat brings out the absolute worst in my disease and as the only driver in the family right now I’m out in it a bit right now. Hell, even if I wasn’t driving, there’s no way to avoid it, it’s everywhere. I hide out in my living room, nestled between two air conditioners.

The weather predictions are dire, and taunt me. I’m learning to like weather.com less and less. The weekly forecast is starting to look like this:

I need an air conditioned suit. And a nap. And a pony. And maybe some cake.

One thought on “hello, summer

1. June 23, 2010 at 4:29 pm

okay, that forecast made me laugh out LOUD. for real. and i’ve got your pony right here. it’s a rainbow pony.

• June 23, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Hell yeah, Rainbow Pony. OMG. Best present EVER.

2. nicole
    June 23, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Uhm, your vet rewards negative behaviour by giving treats?

I feel you on the heat and raise you those plastic african trumpet look alike pieces of crap everyone seems to own in my neighbourhood. Germany just won, so apparently everyone’s outside, taking a freaking walk with those trumpets. I’m _thisclose_ to going out and shoving the next persons trumpet down their throat.

• June 23, 2010 at 7:15 pm

I think the vet tech was just trying to distract him so he didn’t hurt himself- or anyone else- while they worked on his leg. He really didn’t care WHAT they were doing once the baby food was cracked open. I guess baby food is to Hugo as Guinness is to me.

3. June 23, 2010 at 6:31 pm

That weather report is awesome. How did you do that?

• June 23, 2010 at 7:17 pm

I wish I had some awesome faux- tech speech about applying a MyEye filter to the image in your browser, but it’s really just the magic of Photoshop! Although you could manage it in Paint, I think.

4. mel
    June 26, 2010 at 8:20 am

Oh no. Poor Hugo (and poor you guys!!) That particular kind of doggy care is completely insanely exhausting. And may be partially responsible for why I will never have children. Just kidding. Sort of.

That weather report. I’m trying to think of an appropriate insult, but I can’t, probably for the best as we don’t need to piss it off and see what it’s really capable of. I’m so not ready for this.

• June 29, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Mel, I think it is already pissed off at us. I don’t know- it is hellish out this way already.

5. Liz
    June 26, 2010 at 2:56 pm

I know how you feel. My ac is at a constant 68 degrees. I went t the farmers market this morning and basically became a puddle, a happy puddle, but a puddle. Personally, I wouldn’t want a pony, maybe a chicken or angora rabbit. I’d be afraid the pony would eat my container garden. My dog already nibbles on my herbs as it is. sigh

‘Do your dogs eat any herbs or veggie plants you have? Weird dog, he especially prefers lavender and cilantro. . . .yeah, I know. =) Feel better! ❤

• June 29, 2010 at 8:11 pm

My dogs don’t, but Hugo already ate his damned cast. AGH. One week, two days in and we are already on cast THREE.