things I love about my job, part one

Pants

Getting dressed in the morning is easier, as well as faster and a lot more comfortable.

Blog post

I never, ever have to worry about my nails. Not that I ever did before, come to think about it, but still.

Screen

I'm learning my neighborhood by sound, learning to tell the time of day by what is happening across the street, or across my alley, or next door. I am coming to know the rhythms of how the people around me live, and it is influencing how I live, in small ways: it is time to make coffee when the man across the street is finished sweeping the stoop,  and lunchtime happens after my neighbor to the right takes out her two dogs. It's time to pick Kiddo up from school when I hear the middle- school kids outside on the sidewalk, and my day is about to end when the man with the tomato- red truck across the alley comes home.

One thought on “things I love about my job, part one

1. September 10, 2009 at 4:16 pm

That’s my favorite thing about working from home. And the crazy productivity I have while my code is co mpiling.

2. September 11, 2009 at 6:25 am

There is something about working from home that seems to make me so much more productive than I ever was in an office- I wonder if that’s because I get to control my surroundings, or if it’s just the happiness pushing me through the day. 🙂

3. mel
    September 11, 2009 at 9:29 am

Wonderful (The writing & images & life). So happy for you!

4. September 11, 2009 at 8:56 pm

sounds like a good idea to me. 🙂

5. September 11, 2009 at 9:12 pm

Thank you, Mel. That’s high praise, especially from you. Hey- I was thinking- will you be at SAFF? I’d love to meet you in person. 🙂

6. September 11, 2009 at 9:13 pm

Right? It’s exactly what I’ve always needed. one of these days I’ll get you on the phone and we can talk about all the exciting steps you’re taking towards your jump, too.