I'm having trouble staying on track this week. Granted, it's been a rough week- one of the hardest since I came to Afghanistan- but I don't want to let it derail me. I can't seem to stay focused these last few days; I'm trying to literally do the job of two people at the same time- some days, three- and it's beginning to take a toll. I'm losing sight of my routines, which is a bad thing- routine is what keeps me steady here.
In the spirit of accountability, goals for next week.
- Less coffee- relying on chemicals is not acceptable. 1- 2 cups a day, total.
- More running- 4-6 days a week, once my foot heals. Walking in the meantime.
- Less internet.
- More knitting- work through that movie queue and finish up Billy's scarf before it hits 60 degrees.
- More design- finish that shawl, get photos from Chi, get designs written out and into .pdf form.
- More packing- send out these winter clothes, I'm not going to need them anymore.
- More breakfast- every damned morning. Food = energy and sugarcrashing after lunch sucks the joy out of my day.
- More gifts- get those last gifts out of the way, I don't want to be rushing around before I leave.
- More perspective- we're at less than half- manned. There are only two of us here right now. I can't do everything and I shouldn't kill myself trying.
Even in trying to simplify and focus I create great big lists for myself. I'm guessing that has more to do with my love of lists than any real drive to self- improve, but whatever gets me where I'm going is good with me.