1) Favorite object in your room? The spinning wheel, although it also indicates to me that I may be a bit obsessed. I can’t prove it, but I suspect I have the only spinning wheel on post.
Have you ever smoked heroin? WTF? No. That was a pretty major jump. Aren’t we supposed to warm up to that sort of material?
3) Do you own guns? Not yet.
4) What is your favorite kind of non-alcoholic drink? Chai, the real stuff, not the crap at Starbucks- or cide, ditto.
5) Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? What else can they do to me?
6) What do you think of hot dogs? Agh. I miss them. Real kosher footlongs? With chili and onions and cheese and maybe hots.
7) Favorite song? Impossible. Favorite song today- The Avett Brothers’ All My Mistakes. (I know.)
8) What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Orange juice and coffee. Not together.
9) Can you lick your elbow? No. But I feel like an ass for just having tried.
10) Can you do a human pretzel? No, and I didn’t even bother trying that one.
11) What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Engagement ring, and a necklace from Kiddo.
12) Do you like blue cheese? OH. Oh yes. Yes I do.
13) Ever been in a car wreck? Yeah; hit by a drunk while I was in a parked car. Madness, right?
What’s one trait that you wish you could change? I wish I were quieter, calmer. I also wish I had any mystery to me whatsoever. I love people who can manage all three without seeming stuck- up. I could wish I could answer anything in the singular, but who cares?
16) What is your middle name? No.
17) Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:
– I should be in bed.
– I should be knitting.
– I hope it’s cold when I go home.
18) Name 3 things you bought recently?
– A totally awesome Curtis Mayfield CD for $3.95!
– writeable DVDs.
Name 3 drinks you drink regularly? Water, coffee, and tea.
21) Current hates right now? 86- degree weather, uncertainty, waiting, not having a kitchen, Sarah Palin, financial uncertainty, the American electoral college, the two- party process, and dust. In other words, excluding the 86- degree weather bit, a bunch of stuff I’d better get used to putting up with.
23) How did you bring in the New Year? Terribly, which isn’t so bad; I could pretty much rely on the rest of the year being better than 1 January 2008.
24) Where would you like to be right now? Maryland.
26) Do you own slippers? Yes.
27) What shirt are you wearing? I cannot tell a lie: my stupid corporate polo. Shoot me. It’s laundry day, damnit.
28) Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No!
29) Can you whistle? Ish.
31) Would you be a pirate? What’s with the "would"?
32) What songs do you sing in the shower? Never.
33) Favorite girl’s name? You’re kidding, right?
34) Favorite boy’s name? Apparently not.
35) What’s in your pocket? Lint, phone, pogs, money I meant to give Billy.
36) Last person that made you laugh? Jason; he even manages it via email, it’s his secret weapon.
37) Best bed sheets as a child? People remember this? My sister Megan had a terrifying New Kids On The Block set, I remember those, but that’s because sleeping on faces is wrong.
38) Worst injury you’ve ever had? I’ve done all right (touch wood). Some broken bones, not much. Probably breaking my ribs, the second time?
Do you love where you live? Yes, deeply.
40) How many TVs do you have in your house? One, and I still think that’s too many.
41) Who is your loudest friend? I’m the loudest of my friends, I think. Ade’s voice carries, but I love that about her. Kate has a beautifully loud laugh; somewhere between those two? Jason talks a lot, but he’s not loud, exactly- more like constant.
42) How many dogs do you have? One! The dippy but relatively tuff- looking Lilu.
43) Does someone have a crush on you? I hope so. He’d better at least pretend he does.
46) What is your favorite candy? Dark chocolate, and maple sugar.
47) Fave sports team? Not really that kind of girl, but I like the Red Sox.
48) Where is the next place you want to travel to? There’s a list. Karachi, Mumbai, Cambridge, Prince Edward Island, anywhere in New England. Most of all, and most immediately: Baltimore.
49) What were you doing 12 AM last night? Reading about anthropology and economics online.
What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? "Already?"