Any excuse to make a list, right?
Things That Make Me Happy, Right Now, In No Particular Order
- Kiddo going to her high school orientation, and looking forward to calling her about it tomorrow
- Sweet emails from Sam
- The Perfect Red Lipstick, on extreme clearance (Besame, people, and many thanks to Sweet Sassafras)
- My sister emailing me, to tell me she sent me a letter- hooray, mail!
- A small bottle of Sam’s cologne, to use very sparingly as a linen spray
- Neil Gaiman (just finished Neverwhere)
- The Wire
- My part of a yarn swap arriving in the mail today
- Sucessfully negotiating a different, even awesome- er swap
- Ruth having seen Fido, and thinking of me
- Work, which is great
- The team, which is really coming together
- Spinning laceweight while watching movies
- The Avett Brothers
- Waking up early and feeling awesome
A few pictures, to illustrate the yarn-y points…
This is what I received in the mail today- a caked skein of Sundara Sock in Port Over Nectar, which I swapped a skein of Wollmeise for. (Stop gasping. I just like Sundara more, is all.)
This is going to be a pair of gift socks, for certain. Even Psuh was carried away by its luscious shiny squishy almost- solid goodness.
I know the non- yarn types won’t get the crafty adoration, but seriously, you have to touch this stuff. It’s drrreeeeaaaaaammmmy, in the way that boy who sat next to you in freshman Honors Biology Lab was. You know the one.
And I’ve been spinning, while watching The Wire, to which I am utterly hopelessly addicted. At this point I’m just trying to stagger episodes, so I don’t burn through them too fast. I’m spinning laceweight out of some lovely Zen String fiber I received last year, as part of her fiber club- tencel and wool, I think? I’ve misplaced the tag. Shiny, though. 4 ounces of silky, shiny purples, greys and blues.
Outside of making a light fingering/ heavy laceweight out of this, no ideas for the finished yarn yet, other than that it’ll be a 2- ply. Maybe I’ll just gift/ raffle the yarn? Loving the process, though.
Things are good. Life is good. It’s good to know I can be happy and homesick at the same time.