who wants some handspun?

Handspun

Today I’m giving away some of my own handspun- something from when I first started spinning on a wheel. I call it Comfort, because it was totally comfort spinning. This is a little under 7 oz of a thin worsted/ heavy sport weight yarn, 50% Jacob wool, 50% Blue -Faced Leicester (one ply of each, plied onto each other), approximately 394 yards of thin worsted. (I think it might be more, actually, but it is definitely at least 394 yards.)

The pinks change just a little throughout the yarn, the brown in a natural color from a Jacob sheep, and the yarn itself is pretty balanced.

Want some? There’s only one skein available, and I’m too tired to be terribly creative tonight. Leave a comment below with the name of your favorite comic book character and a brief explanation of why you love them, and I’ll use the Random Number Generator to select a winner- plus, there’s another  supersecret handspun yarn that will be sent to the person whose answer tickles me the most.

Deadline is 1200 Monday, 10 March 2008. Good luck!

Post navigation

One thought on “who wants some handspun?

1. March 6, 2008 at 10:01 pm

That is some of the prettiest handspun I’ve ever SEEN.
    My fav is Ororo Munroe (Storm) because she’s sexy, wise, and strong.

2. ummeyusuf
    March 7, 2008 at 1:26 am

Superman! He’s so cool.
    Lovely yarn there.

3. March 7, 2008 at 3:28 am

Batman. That’s the only one I ever really cared about. When I was like 7, there was a boy who lived two doors away, and I played with him a lot. He always decided what we played so we played legos a lot, and batman. We both had batman toys and watched the batman with real people every day at 4, and one year I made myself a Riddler costume for Halloween. I used a big paper bag and some markers and fabric scraps. And I really did wear it to go Trick or Treating.

4. ilovewool
    March 7, 2008 at 9:27 am

I love batman coz in the new movies he doesn’t wear underwear over his pants. I’m constantly amazed at how often superheros only remember to put their underwear on last. They’re weird.

5. March 7, 2008 at 11:13 am

Still laughing about the Batman’s underwear comment! 😀
    I think my favorite is the Hulk. Love the idea of being able to get super angry, freak out and turn into some sort of big monster (actually, I do that more frequently than I’d like to admit) and then he’s considered a super hero!
    Sweet gig, if you ask me.
    That pink and brown handspun is gorgeous. Oooh, want it, need it…. 😉

6. Nicole
    March 7, 2008 at 1:00 pm

I am not terribly fond of traditional comic books, so I’d have to say my favourite character is Owly – so cute, but (in my opinion) not too sappy.

7. Gryphon
    March 7, 2008 at 2:26 pm

Spider Jerusalem, of The Transmetropolitan. I don’t much care for comics, but he’s the shit. He’s a journalist who has a two-faced cat that smokes and lives in a world where you can buy baby seals and monkey brains from kiosks, and he’s made getting high into an artform.
    [I love your handspun. But I really want me some BFL for Lia’s Fate Interrupted.]

8. Allie
    March 7, 2008 at 2:46 pm

Wonder Woman, because she was one of the first strong female comic book characters created in the 1930s and the 1940s.

9. Stefanie
    March 7, 2008 at 9:08 pm

Superman, because he is the only real superhero. He was born as Superman – his alter ego is Clark Kent.

10. March 8, 2008 at 11:16 pm

Calvin! (of Calvin and Hobbes)
    Probably not the type of comic book you were thinking of, but definitely my favorite 🙂 Why? The snow people, the Transmogrifier, Spaceman Spiff, G.R.O.S.S., Susie Derkins, Calvinball… so many reasons to love them!